In 2013, we had an amazing array of bourbon events during Toronto Bourbon Week, including bourbon tastings, food pairings, bourbon barrel beer pairings and more. We will have one single event per day, each at a different location in Toronto. Here’s a recap of the events that we had in 2013. We’ll update this page as we have our events ready for 2014 in Toronto and Ottawa.
- Fingers and Bones at the Indie Alehouse. We kicked off Toronto Bourbon Week with a lively bourbon tasting (fingers) paired with ribs (bones) at a great Toronto beer & smoke house.
- The Hillbilly Whisperer at the Amsterdam Brewhouse. Our weekend main event was the debut of a Kentucky Common, a classic beer style brewed exclusively for Toronto Bourbon Week, paired with bourbon and accompanied by brand-new food menu items.
- The Bourbon Brunch at Acadia Restaurant. Our only daytime event was a casual brunch, served family style and paired with two exclusive in-house kegged bourbon cocktails.
- Classics from the Old School at the Monarch Tavern. At one of Toronto’s most old school bars we had a night of old school bourbon cocktails including the Old Fashioned, the Manhattan, the Mint Julep and more.
- Bourbon and Barrel Beers at Bar Volo. This was be a lateral tasting featuring Buffalo Trace, Woodford Reserve and Colonel EH Taylor, along with some barrel-aged beers from Volo’s always impressive cellar, including House Ales, Dieu du Ciel! and Les Trois Mousquetaires.
- The Bourbon Mix at Ursa Restaurant. This was a bourbon mixology competition, with participants and judges being some of the world’s most renowned bartenders with great prizes.
- The Bourbon Derby at 3030 Dundas West. Closing Toronto Bourbon Week was a rocking, 20 brand bourbon “field” where attendees could choose what they wanted taste, along with live Bluegrass from The Barrel Boys.
Please stay tuned for announcements about 2014 – be sure to follow us on Twitter for the latest!